Clear aligners are completely transparent and far more difficult to detect than traditional wire and bracket braces. This makes clear aligners particularly popular among adults who want to straighten their teeth without the look of traditional metal braces, which are commonly worn by children and adolescents. In addition, the aligners are generally more comfortable than braces. Due to the removable nature of the device, food can be consumed without the encumbrance of metallic braces. Because patients are able to remove the aligners, there are no restrictions on foods that could damage other types of braces.
Advantages of clear aligners
- Invisibility: Its primary advantage is that clear aligners are nearly invisible
- Hygiene & convenience: The patient can remove the aligners when eating or brushing
- Comfort: Custom fit with no wires or brackets
- Allergies to metals: Due to its composition, clear aligners are ideal for patients with allergies to metals
Disadvantages of clear aligners
- Limitation of movement: Clear aligners are limited to certain cases and the amount of movement that can be achieved
- Compliance: Clear aligners are removable. If the patient does not cooperate in actually wearing the aligners, treatment may not work
Clear Aligner Treatment Options
The Invisalign system is a series of clear overlay templates called aligners that have been generated by computer simulation. This system is available to adult patients with certain orthodontic bite problems. Ask us if you are a candidate for the Invisalign system.
Red, White and Blue®
The Red, White and Blue aligner system offers a solution to those adult dentition patients who are just outside the normal range of other removable tooth aligning appliances.
Simpli5 is an express aligner system that provides a fast, effective and simple solution to minor and moderate anterior misalignments.
Clearguide is a new line of affordable orthodontic aligners that improve the health and beauty of an individual’s smile by straightening teeth with precision, speed and high-quality care.